Our Dart Controls 55AC series is a triac AC motor speed control that is dependable, economical and compact!
This triac variable AC voltage supply was manufactured especially for the vibratory feeder, fan, pump, heating and lighting industries. All models feature single phase AC input and full variable AC output.
The enclosed version (E) comes with a rugged housing.
Triac ontrols adjust the voltage output of an AC supply, similar to a light dimmer or ceiling fan control. When applied properly, these triac controls can be used with single phase AC motors to adjust their speed. They can also be used with resistive loads such as lighting.
It is important to note that the 55/57 series will NOT work with capacitor start motors, a common motor for single phase applications. Capacitor start motors are not designed to run variable speed. Visually, these motors have a large hump on the top or side which houses the motor capacitor. Trying to slow these motors will be stopped by the motor capacitor.
Motors which may have their speed adjusted using these triac controls are Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC), Permanent Split Phase (PSP), Shaded Pole and Universal. These are all single phase motor types which might adjust speed using triac controls- these applications may still have limitations.
It is not likely a triac control will offer a wide range of speed adjustment - it likely will be in the top half of speed pot adjustment. The user may need to turn the triac control output up to get the motor moving before slowing down. We recommend testing these triac controls with your application.
|Alternate Part Number||Replaced 55AC10-21|
|Product Series||55/57 Series|
|Weight - lbs.||1.5180|
|Base Unit of Measure||Each|
- Variable AC voltage supply
- Available in 120VAC single phase input or 240VAC single phase input
- Choose chassis style or enclosed
- 55AC10C is the chassis version (no enclosure)
- 55AC10E is the enclosed version and comes with rugged housing, power on/off switch, power on indicator lamp, front access fuse and convenient input/output cords and plugs
- All models feature single phase AC input and fully variable AC output
- Temperature ...-10° to +45° C.
- AC Input Voltage ...±10% Rated Line Voltage
- Input Frequency ... 50/60 Hz.
- Designed to work with shaded pole, permanent split capacitor, permanent split-phase, universal motors or any resistive load
- Great for fan, pump, heating, lighting and vibratory feeder industries
- Please note: this series is not designed for capacitor start motors