Dart's most fully featured analog DC speed control is reliable, versatile, and economical. Rated to 3 horsepower, it provides many standard features typically offered as options.
The Dart 500 Series control combines advanced engineering design, quality component selection and rigorous quality control to deliver an excellent off-the-shelf SCR control. Dependable, time-proven circuitry offers per formance characteristics previously available only in more costly controls.
While providing a wide range of standard features, many options quickly and easily extend the 500 Series' capabilities to meet specific application requirements.
An integral part of a distinguished line of quality products, the 500 Series is representative of Dart's continuing effort to provide reliable, versatile controls to the OEM, distributor, and the industrial markets.
SCR drives convert single phase line voltage (120/240VAC) into full-wave rectified DC for use with both DC permanent magent and shunt or field wound DC motors. Designed and built in the USA!
SCR drives control motor speed by adjusting the voltage output of the motor. SCR drives are the workhouse of the variable speed DC motor industry!
|Speed Controller Type||Analog DC Speed Controls|
|Weight - lbs.||2.9170|
|Base Unit of Measure||Each|
- Dual 120/240 VAC, 50/60Hz via slide selector switch
- Adjustable horsepower settings
- Barrier terminal strip
- Packaged bridge supply (fullwave)
- 1% speed regulation with armature voltage feedback; ±1/2% with tach feedback
- Adjustable Minimum speed (0-30% of max)
- Adjustable Maximum speed (60-120% of base)
- Adjustable IR Compensation
- Adjustable Linear Acceleration (0.3–12 sec.)
- Adjustable Linear Deceleration (0.6–12 sec.)
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Line voltage compensation
- 5K ohm speed potentiometer with leads, dial and knob included
- Power on/off switch and indicator lamp (RE version)
- Power interrupt relays (RC and RE versions). Permits local and/or remote switching of AC power with low current momentary contacts. Prevents automatic restart after interruption of AC power.
- 50:1 speed range
- Overload capacity: 200% for one minute
- Transient voltage protection
- Voltage following mode or DC tachometer follower by supplying ungrounded analog input signal (0-12 VDC)
- DC tachometer feedback (jumper selectable 3V or 7V per 1000 RPM)
- Inhibit circuit - permits start and stop without breaking AC lines
- Shunt field supply provided (1 Amp max; 100V for 120 VAC; 200V for 240 VAC input)
- 2 AC line fuses
- +12 VDC, 12mA power supply, user accessible
- Enclosed models rated NEMA 4/12
- cULus Recognized - file # E78180 (N)
Need More Information?
- Dart Control 500 Series Spec Sheet
- Dart Control 500 Series Instruction Manual
- Dart Control 2016 Line Catalog