The VOC industrial event camera from Pepperl+Fuchs allows event-driven video recordings of up to 60 seconds before and after a trigger signal.
This gives you targeted and simple remote diagnostics plus automatic documentation!
How does it do all this?
- As soon as an event activates the trigger, the camera generates and saves a video recording as a permanent data record. This contains up to 60 seconds before and after the trigger signal.
- By recording only relevant situations, the amount of stored data is kept to a minimum. The data is stored on a local, exchangeable SD card with a capacity of 8 GB.
- Compared to a 24-hour video recording, no complex data integration or PC hardware is required here.
- Depending on the preset resolution, length and quality of the sequence, the event camera can store up to 10,000 events on the card.
- It is also possible to set video recordings to be automatically deleted at a certain point in time or to overwrite the oldest data with the new data when the memory is full.
What is an integrated circular buffer?
A circular buffer stores the input data of a real-time system.
For the event camera, the integrated circular buffer is cyclically filled with the image recordings and because it is only recording relevant situations, the amount of stored data is kept to a minimum.
Compare this to a 24-hour video recording and you can see the difference.
A Wide Range of Applications
This camera is very flexible for your requirements.
At a standard distance of 2.5 meters, the field of view is 3.0m x 1.7m. At a 10 meter distance to the monitoring area, the field of view is 12.1m x 6.8m!
Furthermore, the operating temperature is -30°C to +50°C and it is IP65 rated. Use it indoors or out! There is also integrated heating against condensation.
To summarize, here is a quick overview of the event camera features:
- Event-driven video recordings up to 60 seconds before and after the trigger signal
- Records with timestamp and individual additional text for fast analysis
- Easy integration into IT systems via REST API and to standard HMI displays with RTSP
- Large viewing area, high operating temperature range and IP65 degree of protection
- Reduced network load through optimized local data storage
Marshall Wolf Automation is an authorized, stocking distributor for the full line of Pepperl+Fuchs. They are well known for their complete line of sensors and electrical explosion protection products.
Have a question or need a recommendation for your application? Let us know how we can help.
Beckie is our Director of Ecommerce & Marketing, the team that is responsible for making sure your online experience is everything you hoped it would be… and more. Enjoy rewards programs, special discounts through our newsletters plus the support of our amazing customer service and technical teams.