All good things must end….
In the technology world things usually change very quickly, however, in the case of our AC Tech SCF/SCM drives, the length of time for this family of VFD’S has been a long one.
We’ve found OEM markets really liked these VFD’s because they were always buried in a control cabinet and this allowed the OEM to tailor the overall controls to their machine designs. These AC Tech drives were cost effective solutions with just the right features.
- Wide range of input voltages and horsepower ranges (120Vinput/208-240V, 400-480)
- HP ranges: Fractional -1.5HP@ 120V, Fractional – 15 HP @ 208-240V, ½-15HP @ 480V
- UL 508C approved
- EPM chip (an internal memory stick)
- Good output frequency 0-250HZ
- Good overload capacity 150% for 1 min or 180% for 30 Seconds
- No extensive key pad ( good for OEM applications)
Facing the music, 2017 will see the end of this series. The fundamental question is; what series or brands to cross to in the near future?
Mostly we have been crossing this series over to the SMVector series from AC Tech. The series is physically a little taller, but the performance gains, price points and overall improvement in technology far outweigh concerns that the original equipment manufacturers ever had before with the previous generation.
The SMVector series also features more extensive performance characteristics; enhanced V/F modes, sensor-less vector mode, higher HZ ratings, NEMA 1 and NEMA 4X rated enclosures, just to mention a few upgrades.
You say fine, but what about other brands? As far as the other brands represented, here is a quick list of very good crosses to the soon to be departed. Some brands may not have the full range of HP’s so check your model number closely.
- SMV vector….all previous mentioned features plus the EPM chip (same technology)
Did you find what you were looking for? I’m responsible for helping our customers find anything and everything they are in search of. Whether you prefer a blog, an online search, social media or e-newsletters, my goal is to have it ready when you are.