Devices and protective systems must meet special requirement with use in explosion-risk areas. COMPACT EX1/EX2
devices are suited for being used up to EX zone 2 (gases). They are especially impressive due to their high
interference immunity and availability. In addition to the requirements of machine safety, COMPACT EX1/EX2 also
satisfy the provisions of ATEX Directive 94/9/EC. They can be used in industrial applications, however they
cannot be used in pits.
Built into pressure-resistant glass cylinders of Ex-protection rating “d”, these are suited for being used up to
EX zone 21 (flammable dusts). The glass cylinder housed in the COMPACT EX1 Safety Light Curtain is firmly closed
with a lid. Robust cable bushings in the lid safely enclose the cables suitable for explosion-risk areas, which
are to be provided by the customer. The device complies as an electrical piece of apparatus of EX device group II,
EX category 2.
COMPACT EX2 devices with the “non-sparking” ignition protection type and special precautions on the transmitter
and receiver housing are available in different models. These devices are suited for being used up to EX zone
22 (flammable, non-conductive dusts). Reinforced connecting front screens ensure that the housing remains
sealed with mechanical influences, e.g. an impact or blow of some kind. Metal bushings enclose the cables
suitable for explosion-risk areas, which are to be provided by the customer. COMPACT EX2 complies as an
electrical piece of apparatus of EX device group II, EX category 3.
- Manufactured by Leuze Electronic
- Now Made in the USA!
- Connection system: cable gland, Hirschmann plug, Brad Harrison plug, M12 plug
- OSSD/switching output: 2 PNP transistor outputs, AS-i safety interface
- Profile cross-section: 52x55mm
- Protective field height: 150... 3000mm
- Resolution: 14/30/50/90mm
- Type 4, suitable for safety category 4
- Complies with ATEX Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX Directive)
- Fault-free operation of adjacent devices with selection of different transmission channels
- Maintenance-free with safety transistor outputs (OSSDs)
- Ignition protection type "d" pressure-encapsulated (EX1)
- Ignition protection type "nA" non-sparking (EX2)